The Fund contributes to different UN Sustainable Developing Goals by respecting relevant factors for investments as well as communicating them to its stakeholders.
In 2015, the Members of the United Nations recognised the range of issues we all face by adopting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. These SDGs provide a common framework for organisations to present the impacts of their activities and report on the outcomes they achieve.
In 2019, the Board of Directors of the Fund decided to align its investment strategy and investment focus with the United Nations’ sustainable development goals (SDG) and to observe for the Fund and its portfolio relevant SDGs. Based on the Fund’s investment focus and strategy, the Fund contributes to the following SDGs:
In addition to observing in particular the above-mentioned SDGs throughout the investment decision process, the following measures are in the process of being implemented:
- Selection of operators and long-term tenants from a SDG perspective
- Inquiries about how the operator addresses SDG relevant issues during the onboarding process
- Active communication with long term tenants and operators about the Fund’s strategy with respect to its contribution to SDGs
- Support of operators in implementing SDG relevant improvements of and investment in the infrastructure and the properties
- Analysis of properties under management with respect to energy efficiency and infrastructural improvements for elderly people’s living needs as well as barrier-free living
- Investments into existing properties which are to be refurbished and renovated and in buildings which are protected
- Monitoring of the operators under contract with respect to service and care quality in order to deliver best service and quality to the houses’ residents
- Developing and building resilient infrastructure for senior appropriate living
- Preserving and refurbishing existing properties and adoption of such properties for silver generation living