The Fund’s operations are focused on managing the property itself as well as on qualitative and financial monitoring of the nursing home operators.
Valartis German Residential Health Care is a specialised real estate fund and invests into senior living facilities primary in peripheral regions in Germany. The properties are rented out to renowned and reliable operators for nursing homes and assisted living facilities which take care of the residents and their families. The lease terms are agreed upon for 20 years and more.
The Fund is responsible for the selection and the monitoring of the operator as well as the property as such. The tasks comprise of maintaining the infrastructure, developing, and building new facilities, and refurbishing and modernizing existing properties.
By providing best infrastructure and selecting the best operator for our nursing homes and independent & assisted living facilities the Fund intends to cover the entire service needs of the silver generation.
Properties managed by the Fund as well as potential new investments comprise of independent and assisted living facilities, and nursing homes including gerontopsychiatric and palliative specialization.
VGRHC invests in senior living facilities in Germany. The Fund acquires nursing homes with 24/7 care for its residents as well as barrier-free living apartments for elderly people. The facilities support the residents’ wish for an independent and self-reliant life.
- Properties are primarily acquired in peripheral locations with increasing or high demand for in-patent and out-patient care services.
- The catchment area for age-appropriate living facilities are regions within a radius of 10 to 15 km.
- The Fund focusses on strengthening its locations and the existing facilities by enlarging the service portfolio for the silver generation.
- The properties are rented out to reputable and renowned operators for 20 to 25 years. Current WAULT amounts to beyond 15 years.
- The investment strategy can be classified as Core plus/Value Add.
The Luxembourg based fund structure combines attractive regulations and tax regimes and facilitates a lean management. The Fund is AIFM-D compliant which reduces the risks for investors due to stricter requirements for marketing around raising private capital, remuneration policies, risk monitoring, reporting, as well as overall accountability.